Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Turkey (breast) is In

Just in case you think I've been exaggerating about the size of my oven, I thought I'd share a photo of my Thanksgiving meal preparation.

The hunk of meat is a 7.25 pound turkey breast.  It is in a 10x13 roasting pan.  I had to lower the shelf to the very bottom in order to get it to fit in with the thermometer.

My plan is to get the casseroles ready to go in when the turkey comes out.  I'm using my flattest casserole dishes in hopes that I can get two in the oven at the same time.

Despite a great longing for my Virginia kitchen and general whininess, I am truly thankful for wonderful family and friends, their health and mine, the blessing of all my basic necessities being met, and all the wants, desires and luxuries I take for granted on a daily basis.  

When all is said and done, today my family and I will gather around a table in a house that is heated and dry, we will eat to excess and not have to worry about tomorrow.  There are too many places in the world where that is not true.  For these blessings and many others I am thankful.

2 comments:

  1. I took the photo and wrote the blog on Thursday, so I'm not sure what element of it is "old." My perception is that it is "new." Small oven is a recurring topic and I guess could be "old" but the blog post itself was "new."

    ReplyDelete