Friday, November 19, 2010

Trevi Fountain

Our first stop in Rome was Trevi Fountain.  The fountain is lovely.  It is big.  People throw coins in.

Tradition says if you throw a coin in, you are guaranteed to return to Rome.  I'll have to take my chances.

Why didn't I throw a coin in?

A number of reasons -

3.  It was really crowded - the square is small and people are everywhere!

2.  Kyra wanted a gelato

1.  The bathroom opportunity preceding this one was at a rest stop with a line 40 women deep and only 15 minutes before the bus would leave again.  A bathroom was available and there was no line.

So no coin for me.  I'd like to return to Rome, but we'll have to see.  In the meantime, I'll point out that there is a Trevi fountain not far from you at EPCOT.  If you throw a coin in there, I don't know what that means - do you get to go to Rome? or just back to Walt Disney World?

1 comment:

  1. It's a LITTLE less crowded after midnight!

    ReplyDelete