Saturday, September 11, 2010

Boxes, Boxes Everywhere

I have a few more things to share about Versailles and I'm still noodling through thoughts on vivification but as the long awaited day arrived yesterday, I thought today needed to be about boxes.

Yesterday we received what was packed up 2 and a half months ago.  Last night we slept in our own beds.  We are sitting on our own chairs and wearing clothes we haven't seen in months.  I really wanted to find my slippers (it is cold here!) but they are still hidden.

Kyle and I worked continuously yesterday and we have made some good progress but boxes still dominate the house.  I'm pretty sure I can get the china cabinet taken care of today.  The problem remains with what to do with all my kitchen stuff that doesn't fit in the kitchen.  I shipped my baking stone but it doesn't fit in the oven.  I shipped the toaster, Kyle bought one here.

The kids get to do their own rooms.  As their rooms are bigger here than the rooms they had back in Virginia, they are not struggling with space issues.  Here's what it looks like when Allen unpacks.   This isn't his room, this is what he has done to the office area when looking for a particular item he wanted for himself.

These four are empty!
I keep hoping I am more than half way done, but then I turn around and there are more boxes.  I remind myself I wanted this, so I really can't complain.

My goal is to have all the boxes unpacked and the stuff put away within the week.  I've got a busy week ahead but I don't like chaos, so we'll see if I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment