Yes it has been a while. I’ll give this a try and see if I can maintain regular posting until we head back to the US. So to make up for lost time here’s what has been going on since I last posted (briefly) –
- Allen had surgery for an infected abscess in October. Since then he has had daily bandage changes and yes they are still on-going.
- I began teaching dance classes and was the assistant director for an after-school drama camp production of Sleeping Beauty.
- Kyra played the fairy Merriweather in Sleeping Beauty.
- Kyle and Kyra had a mini vacation to Paris at the beginning of November (Allen had to stay home for bandage changes and I stayed with him.
- Making arrangements for Allen’s school work and in home tutoring (due to extended school absence) was quite time consuming.
- My French speaking is now improving exponentially and most of the time I am thinking in French rather than translating English thoughts to French.
- I was understudy for Martha Jefferson and Abigail Adams in a production of 1776. I played Martha once. Lots of fun but lots of work.
- Allen went skiing with youth group over Christmas break. Poor Allen had to ski in the Austrian Alps.
- Kyle, Kyra and I went to the South of France and enjoyed sunshine and the sights of Nice, Cannes, Grasse, Eze and Mougin.
- I have learned to cope with the short days and grey skies. It helps that this year I had other things to focus on. I was healthier and it rained less.
- I’m way behind on scrapbooking.
- I learned I won the Army’s Festival of Arts award for second place actress in a musical for my role as Laurey in Oklahoma!
This isn’t everything, but a gist. What’s going on now?
Kyra is eating a vegan diet for the month of January, which means I am meal planning and cooking without meat or animal products.
I just auditioned for Six Characters in Search of an Author.
Next week I begin teaching three dance classes (I have a partner instructor – Leslee who is fabulous) and will take on more directing responsibilities for theater camp's production of Schoolhouse Rock Live.